The Vancouver Pride Society brings together members of the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Two-Spirit community, their friends, allies and supporters in celebration of the unique spirit and culture of the LGBTQ2+ community by producing quality, inclusive events such as the Pride Parade and Festivals.
About Vancouver Pride 2017
- 2017 marks the 39th Anniversary of Pride in Vancouver, the most diverse festivals and parade in the city! Pride 2017 includes over 20 events throughout the summer.
- The VPS is committed to making all events as accessible possible, and 2017 will be the most accessible Pride yet. ASL interpretation will be provided by BC Rainbow Alliance of the Deaf at all Official Event sites. This year we are partnering with VocalEye to provide descriptive narration on the parade route for the blind and partially sighted. For a full list of accessibility services, visit: vancouverpride.ca/accessibility
The Vancouver Pride Society
- Promotes self-awareness, visibility and the diversity of the LGBTQ2+ community.
- Strives to produce events that reflect the pride the LGBTQ2+ community has in itself, by strengthening the sense of community, and contributing to the vibrancy, health and overall well-being of all persons in the community.
- Is a not-for-profit organization that relies on donations from participants and sponsors. All donations collected by the VPS go directly into producing future events, or to support community initiatives.
- The VPS raises thousands of dollars annually for community organizations and charities, through direct fundraising events and partnerships. Fundraising also helps other local non-profits sustain their services for those who require assistance.
Our Core Values
- We respect both the dignity of individuals and the rights of all members of regardless of sexual orientation, gender, gender choice, cultural or ethnic background, color, age, physical or mental ability, socio-economic status or political, religious or social affiliation or beliefs. In doing so, we seek to identify and remove barriers to full participation in the activities of the Vancouver Pride Society.
- We believe those who volunteer for the Vancouver Pride Society are our strength and main resource for achieving our goals. They are the heart and soul of our organization and our events.
- We respect the individual potential for human growth and development and encourage all with whom we come in contact to reach their potential. We believe diversity is a strength of the LGBTTQ community that should be valued and celebrated, for it is a significant catalyst for human growth and development.
- We believe in sharing our knowledge and experience with other Pride organizations and other interested parties is vital to our achieving our mission.
- We value establishing partnerships with those organizations, businesses and government agencies that have goals compatible with those of the Vancouver Pride Society in order to further our goals and achieve our mission.
- We strive for inclusiveness in all that we do.
- We believe in conducting the business of the Vancouver Pride Society with fairness, openness, transparency and accountability.
Please contact us to learn about supporting pride through: becoming a volunteer, being a partner or community partner, helping us with community outreach, advertising with us, being a part of our fabulous parade, or being a vendor or exhibitor at one of our events!
To contact Pride, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can also be reached via phone between the hours of 9:00am-5pm Monday to Friday at: 604-687-0955.
Vancouver Pride Society
1080 Howe Street, Suite 304
Vancouver, BC V6Z 2T1 Canada