Come Volunteer with Pride 2017!
Volunteers are an essential part of making the magic of Pride happen, and we are continually looking for volunteers to fill a number of positions throughout the Pride season. Be part of Pride this year, and volunteer at all of your favourite Pride events! From East Side Pride to the Annual Pride Parade, we need your help to build a more tolerant and inclusive Vancouver for all people!
Sign up to volunteer today!
Pride Volunteer Opportunities
Here are just a few examples of volunteer roles that we have available for the 2017 Pride season!
Legacy Awards, East Side Pride, Pride Sports Day and much more!
- Staging Area Marshal: Help entries park their floats before the parade!
- Parade Route Marshal: Help floats along the Parade Route!
- Flag Bearers/Pace Makers: Carry the Rainbow Flag proudly and help set the pace for Parade entries!
- Greening Crew: Keep our Parade Green, help people get recycling to our recycling stations!
- Dispersal Area Marshal: Help floats get their parade decorations tied down and ready to get back on the road!
- Accessibility Services: Help seniors and people with differing abilities and needs enjoy the parade!
- MC Assistant: Keep our 3 Parade MCs going on while they describe Parade entries for three hours (they'll sure need water)!
- Traffic Control: Keep people off the streets and on the sidewalks!
Are you a Leader?
The Vancouver Pride Society is looking for an awesome group of outgoing and passionate individuals to help staff make our events as magical as possible! The following roles are available: Team Leads, Captains, and Pride Patrol.
For More information on leadership roles, please contact Alicea at our office 604-687-0955 or email her firstname.lastname@example.org